HQIP Operations Director – Corporate Services
Published: 21 Oct 2022
Closing date for applications:
18 Nov 2022 17:00
Location: Remote working with occasional travel into central London
Salary: Circa £75,000
Details: Permanent; full time 37.5 hours per week position (we are open to considering alternative working patterns for exceptional candidates)
Are you seeking a new challenge to enhance your skills in providing high quality services to an organisation focussed on improving patient care…then, we would love to hear from you.
The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) is an independent organisation established to promote quality in healthcare and in particular to increase the impact that clinical audit has on health care improvement. We manage NHS clinical work programmes on behalf of NHS England and other devolved nations. This includes the National Clinical Audit & Patient Outcome Programme (NCAPOP) which consists of over forty National Clinical Audits and clinical outcome review programmes. We are supported by three parent organisations: the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, The Royal College of Nursing and National Voices.
We are a small, friendly team working in a fast-paced environment and are seeking an Operations Director of Corporate Services (DoCS) to join our team. You will be responsible for providing operational direction, leadership and on-going maintenance and development of HQIP’s Infrastructure. HQIP is a remote working organisation.
If you have had previous experience in a role similar to the DoCS or are seeking a new challenge and have the relevant experience and skills, we would love to hear from you.
Director of Operations – Corporate Services
Our work focuses on the following key strategic areas:
- Using best management and procurement practice, we commission, manage, support and promote national and local programmes of quality improvement. This includes the National and Local clinical audit programmes, the Clinical Outcome Review Programmes and the National Joint Registry on behalf of NHS England and other healthcare departments and organisations
- We encourage wide use of robust data for quality improvement of care, offering patient choice, promoting patient safety, supporting revalidation and service accreditation, commissioning, service redesign and research
- We inform and influence national healthcare policy by effectively communicating our work and that of our partners
- We support healthcare professionals to review and improve their practice by providing opportunities to share best practice
- We ensure that patients and carers are at the heart of our work through continued, strategic involvement in all relevant processes and projects.
This role reports into the Chief Executive Officer and sits within the Core team.
Key requirements of this position are:
- Lead the HQIP central corporate services and ensure the maintenance and continuous improvement in these services
- Ensure proactive and rapid evolution of corporate services in line with changing business needs
- Maximise HQIP’s potential by supporting new market opportunities.
This role requires experience of organisational development and management. The post holder will be responsible for the direct management of corporate senior support staff.
The post reports directly to the CEO and may deputise for the CEO along with other HQIP Operational Directors.
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form from the HQIP website and return the completed application form, together with the Declaration of Interest to [email protected]. CVs sent without a completed application form will not be accepted.
For all roles you will be asked to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK at application and throughout the duration of your employment.
Please note that HQIP is unable to sponsor candidates at any stage of the application process or during employment with HQIP.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 18 November
Interviews are planned for: week commencing 28 November (date and time TBC)
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact JANE INGHAM and CHRIS DADSON on [email protected] and [email protected]