The National Vascular Registry audits the care provided by NHS vascular units in England and Wales, and reports on the process and outcomes of care for:
- Patients undergoing carotid endarterectomy
- Patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair
- Patients undergoing a revascularisation procedure (angioplasty/stent or bypass) or major amputation for lower limb peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
The registry is run in collaboration with the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland (VSGBI). It forms an essential element of their quality improvement programme and will build on the success of the National Vascular Database.
Additional information on all HQIP-commissioned projects is available on the NHS Trusts page, which includes the recommendations repository, infographics compendium, 9 month publication schedule, impact report, and National Clinical Audit and Enquiries Directory. For further information about this project, please contact the project team directly using the contact details listed in the ‘Supplier Info’ section above.
Clinical Outcomes Publication (COP)
Clinical outcomes publications provide quality measures at individual consultant, team and unit levels using national clinical audit and administrative data. This project is one of a number of National Clinical Audits who publish these types of data on their website for patients and the public to view; see the project website link above. For an overview, see HQIP’s clinical outcomes publication webpages.
Outputs due 2021-22
- National Vascular Registry Annual Report (HQIP ref 196) – publicly available
Date of publication: 11.11.2021
- NCAB National Vascular Registry Data – publicly available
Date of publication: December 2021 (TBC)
* The schedule for NCAPOP reports is subject to alterations as the health system prioritises activity relating to the Covid-19 pandemic. Reports will be published as soon as possible. Please note that all publication schedules are indicative and subject to change. For the 9 month publication schedule please visit our NCAPOP 9 month publication schedule webpage
Data collected on behalf of HQIP by all NCAPOP projects is routinely reported and these reports are available in the ‘Latest resources’ section. The reported data is also placed on the data.gov.uk website. Data is also placed upon MyNHSand NHS Choices.
For details of how to apply for data that is not in the public domain, please see HQIP’s data access webpages.
Details of the contracts that HQIP awards are available at: www.gov.uk/contracts-finder.