The Falls and Fragility Fracture Audit has been managed as a programme (FFFAP) designed to audit the care that patients with fragility fractures and inpatient falls receive in hospital and to facilitate quality improvement initiatives. It consists of the following three audits:
- The National Hip Fracture Database (NHFD) – established to measure quality of care for hip fracture patients, and has developed into a clinical governance and quality improvement platform.
- Fracture Liaison Services (FLS) are the key secondary prevention service model to identify and prevent primary and secondary hip fractures. The audit has developed the Fracture Liaison Service Database (FLS-DB) to benchmark services and drive quality improvement
- The National Audit of Inpatient Falls (NAIF) – provides the first comprehensive data sets on the quality of falls prevention practice in acute hospitals
Additional information on all HQIP-commissioned projects is available on the NHS Trusts page, which includes the recommendations repository, infographics compendium, 9 month publication schedule, impact report, and National Clinical Audit and Enquiries Directory. For further information about this project, please contact the project team directly using the contact details listed in the ‘Supplier Info’ section above.
Clinical Outcomes Publication (COP)
Clinical outcomes publications provide quality measures at individual consultant, team and unit levels using national clinical audit and administrative data. This project is one of a number of National Clinical Audits who publish these types of data on their website for patients and the public to view; see the project website link above. For an overview, see HQIP’s clinical outcomes publication webpages.
Outputs due 2021-22
- National Hip Fracture Database Annual Report (National ref 295) – publicly available
Date of publication: 14.10.2021
- National Audit of Inpatient Falls Annual Report (National ref 221) – publicly available
Date of publication: 11.11.2021
- Fracture Liaison Service Database Annual Report (National ref 305) – publicly available
Date of publication: 13.01.2022
- Local Trust Inpatient Falls Report – internally facing to the Trust only
Date of publication: June/July 2021
- NCAB Falls Data – publicly available
Date for publication: TBC 2021
- Model hospital data – internally facing to the Trust only
Date of publication: The Model Hospital team and HQIP are currently working to integrate the falls clinical data into the Model Hospital portal. Go live date TBC – late 2021
* The schedule for NCAPOP reports is subject to alterations as the health system prioritises activity relating to the Covid-19 pandemic. Reports will be published as soon as possible. Please note that all publication schedules are indicative and subject to change. For the 9 month publication schedule please visit our NCAPOP 9 month publication schedule webpage
Data collected on behalf of HQIP by all NCAPOP projects is routinely reported and these reports are available in the ‘Latest resources’ section. The reported data is also placed on the data.gov.uk website.
For details of how to apply for data that is not in the public domain, please see HQIP’s data access webpages.
Details of the contracts that HQIP awards are available at: www.gov.uk/contracts-finder.