The National Audit of Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Primary Care (CVDPrevent) Workstream 3 is being carried out by the NHS Benchmarking Network. HQIP commissioned this workstream on behalf of NHS England in 2020 to support professionally-led quality improvement in primary care for the prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in England.
The CVDPREVENT audit is part of a broader strategic objective outlined in the Long Term Plan to prevent 150,000 strokes, heart attacks and cases of dementia over the next ten years. Workstream 3 will prioritise working with system partners to drive CVD quality improvement at individual GP, PCN, CCG and STP/ICS level.
Workstream 3 covers presentation of data in a meaningful way to:
- identify gaps, inequalities, and opportunities in care
- spotlight areas for improvement to drive better outcomes and reduce health inequalities
- support national and local CVD prevention programmes.
More information can be found via the quick guide to CVDPREVENT.
Additional information on all HQIP-commissioned projects is available on the NHS Trusts page, which includes the recommendations repository, infographics compendium, 9 month publication schedule, impact report, and National Clinical Audit and Enquiries Directory. For further information about this project, please contact the project team directly using the contact details listed in the ‘Supplier Info’ section above.
Outputs due 2021-22
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Audit 2021 Annual Report (National ref 314) – publicly available
Date of publication: 09.12.202
* The schedule for NCAPOP reports is subject to alterations as the health system prioritises activity relating to the Covid-19 pandemic. Reports will be published as soon as possible. Please note that all publication schedules are indicative and subject to change. For the 9 month publication schedule please visit our NCAPOP 9 month publication schedule webpage
Data collected on behalf of HQIP by all NCAPOP projects is routinely reported and these reports are available in the ‘Latest resources’ section. The reported data is also placed on the data.gov.uk website.
For details of how to apply for data that is not in the public domain for this project, please use the contact details listed in the ‘Supplier Info’ section above.
Details of the contracts that HQIP awards are available at: www.gov.uk/contracts-finder.
There are currently no related resources.