Team Assistant, National Joint Registry (NJR)
Published: 24 May 2019
Closing date for applications:
06 Jun 2019 00:00
Location: London, Aldgate
Salary: Circa £25,500.00
Details: Permanent, 1FTE
Are you seeking a new challenge to help drive improvement in patient outcomes? Would you value an opportunity to develop your skills in a project-based role?…….then, we would love to hear from you.
HQIP is a small, dynamic organisation with a broad remit which commissions and manages the National Clinical Audit and Patient Outcome Programme on behalf of NHS England with whom we work closely. In addition, HQIP hosts the NJR which is managed as a separate entity.
The National Joint Registry of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man (NJR) collects data about joint replacement surgery (hip, knee, elbow, shoulder, ankles) in order to provide an early warning of issues relating to patient safety, improve the quality of outcomes and ensure cost effectiveness of joint replacement surgery, through monitoring and reporting outcomes on orthopaedic implants, hospitals and surgeons, and supporting and enabling research. We are now seeking to recruit to a new post of Team Assistant to join the NJR team.
Team Assistant, National Joint Registry
Key requirements of this position are:
- Establish, maintain and develop as appropriate efficient office and administration systems and processes, to ensure the smooth and effective running of the office.
- Effective handling of communications and requests, dealing with incoming queries both phone and email, redirecting to senior members of the team as necessary.
- Support the senior members of the team as required to undertake standard office administration including photocopying, filing, printing, updating and proofreading
- General administrative support to ensure files, processes, procedures and records are kept in appropriate order and to continually improve standard processes.
- Attend meetings and teleconferences to take detailed minutes and/or actions as and when required.
- Assist in maintaining, managing and updating the ongoing cycles of NJR subscription payments, liaising with HQIP Finance, Northgate Public Services and NHS Trusts and Independent hospitals to ensure prompt payment and action and communicate updates.
- Provide a flexible resource across all areas of the NJR, assisting with ad hoc pieces of work or support to the NJR management Team.
Key personal specification requirements are:
- Degree or equivalent level experience in a relevant subject
- Experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Good writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience of minute- taking.
- Experience of working across a team
- High degree of self motivation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills -written and verbal
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form and return the completed application form, declaration of interest and equal opportunity monitoring form to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 7 June 2019 5pm
Interviews are planned for: 13 June 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact Yemi Garuba, NJR Operations Manager on [email protected]