Operations Manager, National Joint Registry (NJR)
Published: 02 Sep 2019
Closing date for applications:
27 Sep 2019 17:00
Location: London, Aldgate
Salary: Circa £43,000.00
Details: FTE, permanent
Are you seeking a new challenge to help drive improvement in patient outcomes? Would you value an opportunity to develop your skills in a project-based role?…….then, we would love to hear from you.
HQIP is a small, dynamic organisation with a broad remit which commissions and manages the National Clinical Audit and Patient Outcome Programme on behalf of NHS England with whom we work closely. In addition, HQIP hosts the NJR which is managed as a separate entity.
The National Joint Registry of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man (NJR) collects data about joint replacement surgery (hip, knee, elbow, shoulder, ankles) in order to provide an early warning of issues relating to patient safety, improve the quality of outcomes and ensure cost effectiveness of joint replacement surgery, through monitoring and reporting outcomes on orthopaedic implants, hospitals and surgeons, and supporting and enabling research. We are now seeking to recruit to a new post of Operations manager (Operations and Contracts) to join the NJR team.
Operations Manager, National Joint Registry
Key requirements of this position are:
- To support management of the day to day activities of contract and projects
- To develop and maintain detailed project plans and risk register for each relevant work-stream and monitor progress towards key milestones, the management of relevant project documentation, and the organisation of close down activities at project completion.
- To monitor expenditure against agreed budgets and maintain detailed financial records making the Assistant Director Operations and Contracts (ADOC) aware of any variances.
- To manage contract review cycles including the processing of monitoring reports and arranging contract review meetings.
- To support the review of new change requests, business cases and contract variations to ensure value for money and benefit to the NJR.
- To organise and attend Committee meetings as required, and be responsible for agendas, minutes and action lists arising out of the committees, working groups or other meetings relating directly to the committee as required.
Key personal specification requirements are:
- Degree or equivalent level experience in a relevant subject
- At least five years’ experience in University, NHS or charity sector management
- Experience in successful management of members of staff
- Track record in successful management of projects and programmes
- Experience of developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Excellent financial management skills
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and working to challenging targets and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and communities
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent IT skills
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form and return the completed application form, equal opportunities monitoring and declaration of interest forms to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 27th September 2019 5pm
Interviews are planned for: 15th October 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact Yemi Garuba, NJR Assistant Director Operations and Contracts on [email protected]