National Joint Registry (NJR) Operations Manager, Performance and Business Planning x2 positions available
Published: 21 Dec 2023
Closing date for applications:
26 Jan 2024 17:00
Location: UK, home-based
Details: Full time, permanent 2x positions available
Are you seeking a new challenge to help drive improvement in patient outcomes? Would you value an opportunity to develop your skills in a project-based role?…….then, we would love to hear from you.
HQIP is a small, dynamic organisation with a broad remit which commissions and manages the National Clinical Audit and Patient Outcome Programme on behalf of NHS England with whom we work closely. In addition, HQIP hosts the NJR which is managed as a separate entity.
The National Joint Registry of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man (NJR) collects data about joint replacement surgery (hip, knee, elbow, shoulder, ankles) in order to provide an early warning of issues relating to patient safety, improve the quality of outcomes and ensure cost effectiveness of joint replacement surgery, through monitoring and reporting outcomes on orthopaedic implants, hospitals and surgeons, and supporting and enabling research. The NJR is the largest arthroplasty register and one of the most influential healthcare registries in the world with a significant international profile. It is managed by the NJR Steering Committee, designated as an NHS England ‘expert committee’ and reports through the NJR Chairman to NHS England.
The NJR management team, based at HQIP, manages the registry’s work across its governance structure -comprising the NJR Steering Committee and eight NJR sub committees – and services contracted through two key contracts covering data management and solutions and statistical analysis and support. We are now seeking to recruit to two new positions to support our performance and business planning work.
Operations Manager, Performance and Business Planning
The work of the NJR focuses on the following key strategic areas:
- Patient safety and patient outcomes
- Surgeon and Implant performance monitoring
- Information availability and data access
- Research and data management
- Data Quality
- International collaboration
- Service Development
- Stakeholder Communications
Key requirements of these positions are:
- Day-to-day management of the NJR’s Implant, Hospital and Surgeon outlier management programmes including liaising with key stakeholders, managing escalation processes and maintain records of all correspondence
- Supporting the NJR Surgical Performance, Implant Scrutiny and Data Quality Committees, organising committee meetings, taking minutes and management of committee actions.
- Support the day to day activities of additional related projects including the NJR data quality management workstreams and various working groups
- Review, improve and implement appropriate systems across the NJR business planning function to support the smooth running of the NJR management team and NJR Steering Committee and sub-committees
Key personal specification requirements are:
- Degree or equivalent level experience in a relevant subject.
- 5+ years relevant experience within identified area of responsibility, in either the NHS or allied bodies.
- Experience of developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Track record in successful management of projects and programmes
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and communities
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form and return the completed application form, together with Declaration of Interest Form to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 26th January 2024 at 5pm
Interviews are planned for: Week commencing 4th February 2024
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact Becky Swinson, NJR Associate Director for Performance and Business Planning ([email protected])