Information Governance Officer
Published: 04 Apr 2019
Closing date for applications:
29 Apr 2019 00:00
Location: Central London
Salary: circa £38K
Details: 1.0 FTE 2 years fixed term contract
Are you seeking a new challenge to help drive improvement in patient outcomes? Would you value an opportunity to widen your skills in developing and managing organisational information governance? Then, we would love to hear from you.
The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) is an independent organisation led by the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, The Royal College of Nursing and National Voices that commissions and manages NHS clinical improvement work programmes on behalf of NHS England and other devolved nations. This includes the National Clinical Audit & Patient Outcome Programme (NCAPOP) which consists of forty National Clinical Audits and clinical outcome review programmes.
We are a small, friendly team working in a fast paced environment and are seeking an Information Governance officer to join our team. You will work to a number of individuals including our Data Protection Officer and you will develop, co-ordinate and ensure the integrity of all HQIP’s Information Governance work. If you have had previous experience in an information governance role, or are seeking a new challenge and have the relevant experience and skills, we would love to hear from you.
Information Governance Officer
Our work focuses on the following key strategic areas:
- Managing and improving HQIP’s growing portfolio of National Clinical Audits and Clinical Outcome Review Programmes (confidential enquiries ) in England and Wales
- Improving quality improvement expertise through training and resources
- Building clinical audit and related programmes into commissioning, regulation and revalidation processes
- Helping shape and form policy around quality improvement
HQIP processes information in two distinct areas: in its capacity as an employing organisation and in its capacity as a commissioner of provider organisations who collect, process and report data including sensitive personal data from the NHS and other organisations.
HQIP demonstrates its information governance (IG) integrity through development and maintenance of a system level security policy (SLSP) and an accompanying suite of policies that re-assure the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), our commissioners, other data controllers, and the public of our ability to handle information in accordance with legislation.
This role will lead, co-ordinate and ensure the integrity of all HQIP’s IG work.
Key requirements of this position are:
- Degree other relevant experience
- A recognised qualification in Information governance, records management or data protection (e.g. BCS ISEB, PDP data protection practitioner) is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Health and Social Care Act 2014 , Caldicott and other related guidance
- Awareness of Information Governance agenda on a regional and national scale particularly as it relates to health service research and data protection
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form and return the completed application form, together with Declaration of Interest and Equal Opportunities Monitoring forms to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 29 April 2019, 17.00
Interviews are planned for: 7 May 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact Sasha Hewitt on [email protected]