Head of Communications and Marketing
Published: 05 Mar 2021
Closing date for applications:
31 Mar 2021 17:00
Location: Homeworking - HQIP is a homeworking organisation with excellent IT support. Travel into central London is required on an occasional basis (c. once a month) for scheduled corporate activity
Salary: HQIP Band B2 (£46,750 - £63,250) Pro rata depending upon experience
Details: Two years fixed term contract – part-time 0.5 WTE (18.5 hours)
Seeking a new challenge to help drive improvement in patient outcomes
We are looking for an experienced Head of Communications and Marketing to join our team and quickly take ownership of this new role. We’re at an exciting stage in our growth and we need a talented individual with experience in devising and implementing integrated communications and campaigns strategies to a diverse set of stakeholders.
This post is a key position with both high-level strategic and hands-on delivery-focused responsibility.
The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) is an independent organisation established to promote quality in healthcare and in particular, to increase the impact that clinical audit has on health care improvement. We manage NHS clinical work programmes on behalf of NHS England and other devolved nations. This includes the National Clinical Audit & Patient Outcome Programme (NCAPOP), which consists of over forty National Clinical Audits and clinical outcome review programmes. We are supported by three parent organisations: the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, The Royal College of Nursing and National Voices.
We are a small, friendly team working in a fast paced environment and are seeking a Head of Communications and Marketing to join us. You will deliver an efficient, effective and customer focused communications and marketing service for HQIP.
If you have had previous experience in a communications and marketing management role, or are seeking a new challenge and have the relevant experience and skills, we would love to hear from you.
Our work focuses on the following key strategic areas:
- Utilising best procurement, contracts and wider management practice, we commission, manage, support and promote national and local programmes of quality improvement. This includes National clinical audit programmes, the Clinical Outcome Review Programmes and the National Joint Registry, on behalf of NHS England and other healthcare departments and organisations
- We encourage extensive use of robust data for quality improvement of care, offering patient choice, promoting patient safety, supporting revalidation and service accreditation, commissioning, service redesign, and research
- We inform and influence national healthcare policy by effectively communicating our work and that of our partners
- We support healthcare professionals to review and improve by providing opportunities to share best practice
- We ensure that patients and carers are at the heart of our work through continued, strategic involvement in all relevant processes and projects.
Head of Communications and Marketing
Key requirements of this position
This post will lead the organisation’s communications activities, building HQIP’s external profile and influence, and extending our reach and media impact. The post holder will act as the organisation’s brand guardian and will seek opportunities to promote and enhance HQIP’s reputation with all audiences.
Working in collaboration with teams across the organisation, the post holder will provide expertise in strategic and operational communications planning and delivery, digital media, stakeholder communications and management, and delivery of targeted communications with internal and external audiences.
The post holder will support the implementation of HQIP’s New Business Development Strategy including delivering marketing campaigns for our advisory and knowledge transfer services.
The post holder will be part of the Communications team reporting to the Director of Operations for Business Development. The post holder will be supported by the Digital Communications Officer.
With a degree or higher level of education in a relevant subject or equivalent and up to 10 years’ communications experience, you will offer:
- Experience of translating business development / income generation strategies into a communication programme that engages and influences stakeholders
- Senior level management experience
- Demonstrable understanding of all communications channels (e.g. print, broadcast, social and digital)
- Some experience of automated platforms for multi-channel campaign planning, implementation and evaluation
- Experience of developing business cases and managing a budget
- Able to command the confidence of colleagues, staff, directors and Board members
- Ability to think and plan strategically, prioritising work programmes in the face of competing demands
- Able to take the lead and facilitate new initiatives/change
- Able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information.
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form and return the completed application form, together with the Declaration of Interest and Personal Information Form to [email protected]. CVs sent without a completed application form will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Wednesday 31 March 2021
Interviews are planned for: TBC w/c 6 April 2021
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact CHRIS DADSON on [email protected]