Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at HQIP
HQIP is committed to developing and maintaining a culture that promotes and values equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
We seek to fulfil this commitment by ensuring that our policies, training and development, and culture reflect the principles laid down in this statement, as well as our obligations under the law.
We recognise that people from diverse backgrounds and with different cultural and life experiences bring valuable insight to the workplace, enhancing the way we all think and work. We strive to be an inclusive organisation, committed to providing equity of opportunity throughout the employee journey, including recruitment, training and development, appraisal and promotion as well as day-to-day work-life – and by proactively addressing and eliminating discrimination.
Our staff and stakeholders have a responsibility to help deliver and promote our approach to EDI. More specifically, we will:
- Seek to understand the challenges and barriers to EDI in order to eliminate discrimination, creating an environment where differences are valued
- Promote a culture of representation and inclusion, recognising and celebrating differences and acknowledging the benefits achieved by diversity of thought and experience
- Create a safe, non-judgemental space where we encourage people to talk about their own experience or highlight where they may have observed issues relating to equity, diversity and inclusion and support one another to understand and acknowledge a range of perspectives
- Embed EDI across all levels at HQIP and in everything that we do
- Ensure we provide training and resources to educate our staff and representatives, and will raise awareness in all areas relating to EDI ensuring our commitment is understood by all
- Support and enable our staff, representatives and stakeholders to recognise and challenge behaviour at all levels, which goes against these principles.