Clinical Audit Heroes 2016 – Hall of Fame
Published: 18 Nov 2016
Who’s your #AuditHero?
To coincide with Clinical Audit Awareness Week 2016 we’ve launched ‘Clinical Audit Heroes’ – a celebration of the individuals making a positive difference in audit and quality improvement. They can be a clinician, a patient volunteer, audit staff – anyone whose actions have ultimately helped to improve patient care. Read on to see which nominees have made our #CAAW Hall of Fame as voted for by their Trust colleagues.
We’ll be updating this page through out Clinical Audit Awareness Week, adding #AuditHeroes in alphabetical order. Keep checking back to see if any of your friends and colleagues have been featured.
- Sally Allen: clinical governance manager, Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- Helen Atkins: advanced nurse practitioner in diabetes care, University Hospital of Leicester
- Dr Faye Bowden: trainee anaesthetist, Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Tracey Brailsford: Clinical Effectiveness Facilitator, Derbyshire Community Health Services FT
- Liz Braybrook: clinical audit and effectiveness officer, Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Bryan Dalgleish-Warburton: principal psychotherapist, Lancashire Care FT
- Debbie Denning: clinical audit coordinator, South Staffordshire and Shropshire Trust
- Michelle Garrett: clinical audit manager, Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- James Harper: associate clinical director, Adult Mental Health, Lancashire Care FT
- Kiran Hewitt, Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Dr Mahvesh Javaid: junior doctor, Queen’s Hospital (Barking, Havering and Redbridge)
- Marie-Anne Kelly: neonatal nurse advisor, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Sarah Lafbery: quality lead nurse, West Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Tim Lessells: clinical audit facilitator, University Hospitals of Leicester
- Paul Matthewson and Wendy McFadden: Clinical Audit Manager & Clinical effectiveness lead, Gateshead
- Dr Helen McNamara: consultant anaesthetist, Liverpool Women’s NHS FT
- Dr Andrew McWilliams: specialist registrar in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry,Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Claire Rashid: clinical quality and effectiveness, Leicestershire Partnership Trust
- Moira Rowan: dementia and delirium nurse at St George’s Hospital SW17
- Andrew Pearson: clinical audit manager, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Dr. Angela Puffett: consultant physician, Withybush General Hospital
- Tracy Ruthven: Clinical Audit Support Centre
- Julie Trenholm: audit lead, Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
- Debra Wilson: universal clinical lead, Lancashire Care FT
9 December: We’ve had lots of entries which we’re in the process of uploading, so bear with us while we do that and tidy this page up a little too 🙂
Louise Waller, clinical audit and effectiveness manager, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust
Why are they an #AuditHero?
“Louise joined HHCT as a newly appointed clinical audit and effectiveness manager following the birth of her fourth child in March 2016.
In a short space of time she elevated the profile of the audit team by working tirelessly to align the work of the department to the strategic aims of the Trust.
Louise’s strengths are her tenacity and people skills and this has enabled her to embed key improvement projects and audits. As a result the Trust has seen an impressive turnaround with the lifting of a ‘special measures’ rating following a ‘Good Rating’ from the CQC in August 2016.
Louise is highly respected by her colleagues and peers, thanks to her positive outlook, energy and enthusiasm. She is a supportive and empowering line manager and sustains team morale through set goals and common purpose.
Regardless of ongoing staffing issues, she has brought enthusiasm to the embedding of new policies, establishing a new team along the way to reinforce the foundations she has laid.”
Liz Braybrook and Vicki Snow – Clinical Audit and Effectiveness Officers
Make a nomination
So, who’s your Audit Hero? To cast your vote simply complete the nomination form found on this website and return, along with a photo of your chosen nominee, to email@example.com. Nominations close Wednesday 30 November
Audit Heroes is just one of many activities taking place as part of Clinical Audit Awareness Week. Click here to find out more.