Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership Ltd. is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
This website is owned by HQIP.
There should be no barriers for anyone who wants to use this website. For example, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard (including skip to content)
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- easily understand any content
We’ve made the website text as simple as possible to understand. Much of our content uses medical, data and technical terms. We use these terms when there is no easier wording we could use without changing what the text means.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This is the main HQIP website.
We host the following microsites that use the same platform and code base:
- National Clinical Audit Benchmark (NCAB)
- E-learning platform
How accessible is this website: conformance status
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. HQIP is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that there are some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- PDFs with variable accessibility conformance. The website has PDFs created by third-parties over the last 10 years with variable accessibility conformance. We are reviewing existing PDFs and where possible, seeking to make the PDFs conformant. From September 2020, all PDFs added to the site are required to conform to accessibility standards. In the meantime, if you require a PDF in a different format please contact us by emailing [email protected].
- Use of Flash. The elearning course ‘Transforming clinical audit data into quality improvements’ uses Flash and is non-conforming. The course is being updated and an updated version will be published which will be accessible. If you would like to be notified when this course becomes available please contact us by emailing [email protected].
- Third-party plugins. Some third-party plugins have non-conformances. Where this occurs, a request for a resolution has been submitted to the developers. The known issues are minor and should not impact access to the website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers by emailing [email protected].
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
HQIP is designed to be compatible with common screen readers and the latest versions of modern browsers such as Edge; Google Chrome; and Mozilla Firefox. HQIP is also designed to be compatible with Safari 12 and later and Internet Explorer 11.
Limitations and alternatives
Accessibility is a process that you can never check off. We publish all open accessibility issues publicly on our website. These might be reported by users, discovered by internal or external audits. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed in our open accessibility tickets page or have any feedback about the accessibility of this website.
View open accessibility tickets.
Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership Ltd. assessed the accessibility of HQIP by the following approaches:
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of HQIP. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on HQIP: