Measuring and improving our healthcare services
The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) was established in April 2008 to promote quality in healthcare, and in particular to increase the impact that clinical audit has on healthcare quality improvement. We are an independent organisation led by the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, The Royal College of Nursing and National Voices.
HQIP aims to improve health outcomes by enabling those who commission, deliver and receive healthcare to measure and improve our healthcare services.
HQIP is an independent organisation, which works in partnership with patients and healthcare professionals to influence and improve healthcare practice at all levels. We are committed to being open and accountable, and to listen, learn and respond swiftly and appropriately as part of our ongoing cycle of improvement.
Our work and how it achieves our vision and values
- HQIP commissions, manages, supports and promotes national and local programmes of quality improvement. This includes the National clinical audit programmes, local audit support resources and the National Joint Registry on behalf of NHS England and other healthcare departments and organisations. HQIP uses best management and procurement practice to ensure robust results and actionable recommendations
- HQIP ensures patients and carers remain at the heart of our work through continued, strategic involvement in all relevant processes and projects
- HQIP supports healthcare professionals to review and improve their practice by providing opportunities to share best practice, through education and training programmes, as part of promoting an integrated approach to quality improvement
- HQIP works to inform and influence national healthcare policy by effectively communicating its work and that of its partners
- HQIP encourages wide use of robust data for quality improvement of care, offering patient choice, promoting patient safety, supporting revalidation and service accreditation, commissioning, service redesign, and research
- HQIP is committed to be an efficient, sustainable, well run organisation, which supports staff development and welfare