Quality Improvement and Development Team
As part of our aim to support and enable a culture of quality improvement through the reinvigoration of audit, HQIP employ a dedicated quality improvement and development team (QID).
The team is led by Kate Godfrey, the National Lead for Quality Improvement and Development.
See the QID annual plan 2012-13 >>
Their programme of work focuses on the following key areas:
- promoting HQIP's national training and education strategy for clinical audit, which includes online learning resources available from the HQIP site
- to be the single point of contact within HQIP for staff in healthcare organisations for advice on local clinical audit issues
- to provide support to enhance established clinical audit networks and to develop new networks where they do not exist, including clinical audit networks for clinicians
- to maintain a library of resources, including tools and guidance to help local teams deliver audit activity
- to run events in support of this guidance and on other topics, including the annual local clinical audit conference
- to manage the National Clinical Audit Forum (NCAF) - a tool for clinical audit professionals, clinicians and managers to share best practice examples and provide and seek advice about clinical audit.
- to report via the Quality Improvement and Development Team blog: members of HQIP's Quality Improvement and Development Team write a regular blog, reporting on initiatives to support clinical audit at a local level. View the blog via this link.
The team welcomes opportunities to meet with those leading established networks and to hear from people who are interested in setting up their own local or regional network. They are also looking to meet with trusts who have developed or implemented local best practice or would like support with local clinical audit issues.
For more information, contact QID on email@example.com.