NCAPOP: Data Access Request Process
Much of the data from NCAPOP audits are freely available on data.gov.uk for research and quality improvement use.
We have created a data access process so healthcare organisations may request use of data that are not publicly available. Please check to see if the data you require are publicly available before submitting a request.
Data access requests should be for a clinically appropriate use of the data and applicants should have in place the necessary data storage accreditation and information governance policies.
How to apply
- Please familiarise yourself with the Data access request process (pdf) and ensure you are happy to agree to the Data sharing agreement (Word) which you will need to sign before your application is considered.
- Complete fully and sign a Data access request form (Word) and Data sharing agreement and email these to email@example.com.
- We will acknowledge receipt and put the application forward to the next monthly Data access request group (DARG), provided the application is submitted more than 7 days before that meeting. If submitted less than 7 working days before the next meeting it will be reviewed at the following meeting. DARG dates are shortly to be added below.
- The DARG will approve or reject the application or produce queries which will need to be resolved before the application can be approved.
- Within 7 working days of the DARG meeting, notice of approval, rejection or queries will be sent to the applicant. If queries are to be answered the application may need to go back to the following DARG meeting for further review.
Completed Data access request forms and signed Data sharing agreements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The status of applications are published at the link below:
If you are making an application or have any questions about the process, please email email@example.com.