Frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about HQIP, or about audit? Here we have gathered the questions that people ask us most, hopefully you will find what you need. If you still have a question, please get in touch with us by email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Sign up for our free twice-monthly eBulletin: News, events, jobs & guidance direct to your inbox.
Go to questions about HQIP & our work >
- What is a national clinical audit/outcomes project?
- What do you mean by local clinical audit?
- What do you mean by National Clinical Audit and Patient Outcomes Programme?
- How do national audits within the NCAPOP get chosen for funding?
- What will HQIP do to maintain patient confidentiality?
Go to questions about audit generally >
- What is clinical audit?
- Who should be involved in clinical audit?
- What is the difference between clinical audit and research?
- What is the difference between a clinical audit and a patient outcome programme?
- What is the difference between a clinical audit and a registry?
- What is the difference between a clinical audit and a patient satisfaction survey?
Go to questions about audit in your organisation >
- Why should my organisation participate in national and local audit?
- We are a local Trust. Which national audits do we have to participate in?
- How should we choose which local audits to support?
- What funding is available for local audits?
- What resources are available for delivering successful audit at trust and CCG level?